We’re treated to an exceptionally smooth, soulful and varied mix from Komatic. An artist that has been creating tracks of the highest quality on the top tier labels. As well as the smoother sounds, Komatic has also unleashed some huge energetic dancefloor tracks, especially with his in collaborations with Technicolour. Great music from a great producer.
- Rotary Motion - Technicolour, Komatic & LSB [Integral Dub]
- Hills To Climb - Kyshido [Ldnb Music]
- Chloe's Exodus - Loz Contreras [Dub]
- The Glow - Technicolour & Komatic [SGN:LTD Dub]
- Serendipity - Technicolour, Komatic & LSB [Integral Dub]
- Virgo - Marcus Intalex [Dispatch]
- Painted Smile - Commix [Metalheadz]
- Don't Say It - LSB [Dub]
- Machines Make Magic - Random Movement [Dub]
- Sirens feat. Ayah (Bladerunner remix) - Bungle [Dub]
- Ever After - Technicolour & Komatic [Fokuz Dub]
- Possessive - Foreign Concept [SGN:LTD]
- Aeeh - Subwave [Metalheadz]
- Waterboard - Optiv [Quarintine]
- Madness (BCee remix) - Robert Manoss [Dub]
- Earth Turns - Komatic [Celsius Dub]
- Stay feat. Jayma (BCee remix) - Technicolour & Komatic [Spearhead Dub]
- Free Me - Schematic [Dub]
- Ascension - Techinicoulour [Fokuz]
- Favela Stories - Loz Contreras [Dub]
- Ultra Clean - Icicle & Commix [Shogun]
- When You Come Home - Komatic [Celsius Dub]
- All Of My Love (Technicolour & Komatic remix) - LSB [Spearhead Dub]
- We Were Always One - Komatic [SGN:LTD Dub]
Additional episode details
Komatic is a Bedford based producer, originally from the North East of England. Komatic first found drum and bass through listening to tape packs back in early 1992 / 1993. It was from these packs that Komatic desperately wanted to DJ and be involved. This led to a residency at Raindance, winning the 'breaking new talent competition' at Helter Skelter and various pirate radio slots, not to mention being a runner up in a national student DJ competition to find the best student DJ in the country, held at the Ministry of Sound. After some hard saving for a computer, he hasn’t stopped making music since.
Over the last few years, things have started to progress. The first was making it onto BBC 1xtra's playlist with 'Ring The Alarm', Komatic's first release. Komatic continued to get support from 1xtra with DJ's Chrissy Chris and Bailey all running tunes such as 'Viscous', 'Night Drive', 'Solution' and 'Human Kinetic'. Support from Nerm & DCode on Radio 1 has also followed, with his 'Black and Gold remix' becoming a permanent fixture on the shows. 'Viscous' has since been signed to Spearhead, 'Lucid' and 'Night Fell' signed to Phunkfiction, 'Jazz Club' and 'Remain Free' to Frequency Factory and 'Simple Complexities' to Ennex Records. This exposure also landed him a weekly radio show on Bassdrive.
Komatic has since been working with Technique's 'Technicolour', and so far their styles of production and music have been a perfect compliment to each other. The collaborations are going from strength to strength, and definitely tunes to look out for in the future.